She’s a fish fiend. Tuna is to Izzy what Peanut Butter is to most other dogs. so when I recently stumbled across a recipe for “Tuna Fudge” over at Modern Dog Magazine and decided I would be a good ‘puppy mamma’ and whip some up.
It was simple, throw the ingredients in the Kitchen-Aid and bake for a few minutes. Izzy absolutely loved these nuggets, so much so that we aren’t going to be making them again, it was like crack. She refused to eat anything but this stuff, we shoved her Kong full and packed it tight and when she was finish she demanded more. It was so intense Jake said “these things need to go away as fast as they came”.
Worse than her addiction was their stench. Having enough sinus congestion I couldn’t smell what I was creating, was a real blessing. I thought Jake was just kidding as he dry heaved around the apartment.
Our advise, definitely a go for your four legged friends and family members but a gas mask may be needed!
The recipe (from here)
- 2 Six oz. cans tuna. DO NOT drain (Alternatively, use canned salmon)
- 1 1/2 C whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 handful grated cheese, about 1/4 C
- Mix all ingredients together using a mixer or food processor
- Spread onto a greased 9×9″ pan and bake at 350 for 20 minutes
- Store in refrigerator up to 3 days